Puerto Rico only measures 100 x 35 square miles
You can virtually visit any place on the island in one day. With an incredible variety of attractions for all tastes.
Key facts about Puerto Rico:
- In Puerto Rico, Spanish and English are the official languages; most Puerto Ricans speak English.
- Puerto Rico is a U.S. commonwealth and the U.S. dollar is the official currency; U.S. citizens don’t need a passport or a currency converter!
- El Yunque is the only subtropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest Service, a place so indescribable that it must be seen, heard and felt. It’s one of our must-visit destinations.
- More than 70% of the rum sold in the U.S. comes from Puerto Rico; sample our favorite local brands and enjoy a tour of our rum distilleries.
- Puerto Rico houses the world's largest single-dish radio telescope, spanning almost 20 acres. It’s the only radio telescope that can accurately predict when and where an asteroid might collide with Earth, and was responsible for the first asteroid images in history.
- Toro Verde features one of the longest Zip Lines on Earth: La Bestia. It uses a specially designed harness to soar through the air across 4,745 feet of terrain. Now it features El Monstruo the longest zipline in the universe, yes we said universe, with a 2.5km cable where you will reach a scary speed of up to 93.20 miles per hour.
- Bioluminescence exists around the world, but there are only a few bio bays on our planet.
- Puerto Rico has three of them, a kayak or boat-ride away from our shores, they must be seen to be appreciated. Puerto Rico enjoys competitive advantages that few competing medical tourism destinations can match, especially when it comes to tapping the vital U.S. mainland market.
Tourist Attractions Areas
Choose any of the areas to see its tourist attractions.