There are many advantages that Puerto Rico offers as a destination for medical tourism, especially:
- Costs. Between 40-60 percent below US costs, medical expenses, plus you’ll find clean, budget hotels near most hospitals.
- The Human capital professionals with the same certifications that the 50 US states.
- Hospitals, clinics accredited by the Joint Commission, the agency that accredits facilities at the federal level.
- Direct flights -Direct access to and from major cities in the United States, and the Caribbean.
- Hospitals accept most of the health insurances in the US and the Caribbean.
- Climate. Average temperature, 89˚F, all year long.
- No passport needed for American citizen.
Puerto Rico’s government expects the medical tourism create 3,000 jobs and inject the economy about $ 300 million in the next three years.
Many efforts are implement to help the industry grow and strengthen.
If you are looking for an economical stay in an endorsed by the Tourism Company of Puerto Rico hotel, close to most of the hospitals in San Juan, call 787-688-5818.