Puerto Rico only measures 100 x 35 square miles
You can practically visit any place on the island in one day. With an incredible variety of attractions for all interests.
Key facts about Puerto Rico:
- In Puerto Rico, Spanish and English are the official languages; most Puerto Ricans speak both Spanish and English. Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory, is a commonwealth of USA and the U.S. dollar is the official currency. U.S.A. citizens don’t need a passport to visit Puerto Rico.
- El Yunque is the only tropical rainforest in the USA National Forest Service, a place so indescribable that it must be seen, heard and felt. It’s one of our must-visit destinations
- More than 70% of the rum sold in the USA comes from Puerto Rico; sample our favorite local brands and enjoy a tour in our rum distilleries.
- Puerto Rico houses the world's largest single-dish radio telescope, spanning almost 20 acres. It’s the only radio telescope that can accurately predict when and where an asteroid might collide with Earth and was responsible for capturing the first asteroid images in history.
- Toro Verde features one of the longest Zip Lines on Earth, “La Bestia”. It uses a specially designed harness to soar through the air across 4,745 feet of terrain. Now it features “El Monstruo” the longest zipline in the universe, yes, we said universe, with a 2.5km cable where you will reach a scary speed of up to 93.20 miles per hour.
- Bioluminescence exists around the world, but there are only a few bio bays on our planet. Puerto Rico has three of them, Vieques, Fajardo and La Parguera.
- Puerto Rico enjoys advantages that only few competing medical tourism destinations can match, especially when it comes to tapping with the vital U.S. mainland market.
Tourist Attractions Areas
Choose any of the areas to see its tourist attractions.